EPLAC Meeting Wednesday the 29th/ Fall Membership Drive
The next meeting of EPLAC. the East Providence Local Advisory Committee for Special Education, will be held on Wednesday October, 29th at 6:30pm in the Martin Middle School Library located at 111 Brown Street, E. Prov, RI
The Public is Cordially Invited!
We are currently holding a Fall Membership Drive
The East Providence Local Advisory Committee for Special Education (EPLAC) is a state mandated group that provides input on special education issues to the school district. Our role is to advise the school district on the development of programs and services to address the unmet needs of East Providence students with disabilities. The group is comprised of parents of school aged students with disabilities, school professionals and community members. By sharing their unique perspective, members are able to help East Providence Schools work more effectively with families and improve outcomes for children.
This September and October we are conducting our Fall membership drive to expand our LAC membership. We meet on the last Wednesday of every month during the school year at the Martin Middle School Library 111 Brown St, East Providence from 6:30pm-8:00pm.
• Either a parent of student(s) with disability, an individual with a disability, a special education or general education teacher, a public school administrator or other members of the community interested in the unmet needs of students with disabilities
• Attend regular monthly meetings
• Participate in committee activities
• Vote on issues relating to the LAC work
• Work collaboratively and pro-actively in identifying problems and recommending solutions
If you are interested in using your talents and strengths in making a difference for students and families of East Providence school students with disabilities, please complete the below Membership Enrollment Form and return it at our meeting on Wednesday, October 29th, 2014 or at your first meeting attended. You may also email the information to email@example.com
MEMBERSHIP ENROLLMENT FORM
Children in school (check all that apply):
•Pre-K •K • 1st • 2nd •3rd •4th •5th •6th •7th •8th •9th •10th •11th •12th Transition to Adult Service
* Please make sure contact information is printed clearly in order to receive communications from EPLAC
For more info, please visit our website page at: www.epschoolsri.com and click on the Parents tab, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org