East Providence High School Class of 2020 City Wide Parade of Seniors
The global pandemic has canceled all traditional senior class activities such as prom, award banquets, concerts and the 2020 graduation itself. Diplomas and academic & athletic awards have been delivered to students and some activities have been broadcast on social media. There will be a Senior Class Motorcade on Sunday, June 7th, 2020 with the following guidelines:
(As of May 27, 2020)
Senior Class Motorcade: Sun, June 7th
Line Up: 10:15am @ Riverside Middle School
Motorcade Begins: 11:00am
Updated Route & Rules as of May 27, 2020:
- Cars must be decorated PRIOR to arriving at RMS.
- Seniors are NOT to be DRIVING and must have an ADULT DRIVER
- Graduates are to be a passenger in the CAR in the Motorcade & are encouraged to wear their Cap & Gown to ENJOY the CELEBRATION!
- ONLY family members of GRADUATING SENIORS w/ a graduate are to be in the cars participating in the motorcade
- SINGLE SEATING ONLY - (one person per SEATBELT) in each CAR
- Seatbelts MUST be worn by ALL during the entire motorcade
- All Participants MUST ADHERE to Social Distancing Guidelines
- Participants in the motorcade MUST stay in their car at all times or you will be asked to LEAVE by the EPPD
- This INCLUDES during the lineup at Riverside Middle School
We want this to be an enjoyable event. We need ALL to follow the Governor’s Guidelines in order for this to occur.
- LINE UP begins at Riverside Middle School @ 10:15.
- Butler, Mr. String & Ms. Furtado will be checking off cars as you arrive!
- We have 115 SENIORS in our MOTORCADE!!!
Be sure to have your car decorated PRIOR to arrival and line-up!
- Proceed west on Forbes Street to Willet Ave.
- Proceed North on Willet Ave to Pawtucket Ave.
- Continue north on Pawtucket Ave to Veterans Memorial Parkway
- Take a right (east) onto Martin St.
- Turn left (north) onto Brown Street.
- Cars will enter the south entrance of Martin Middle School and exit the north entrance.
- After exiting the north lot the motorcade will continue north on Brown Street.
- Proceed left (west) on Warren Ave.
- Turn right (north) on Broadway.
- Proceed north on Broadway to Newman Ave.
- Travel Newman to Pawtucket Ave.
- Take a right (south) on Pawtucket Ave.
- The motorcade will pass East Providence High School.
- Proceed south on Pawtucket to Warren Ave.
- Turn right (west) onto Warren Ave and proceed to Lyon Ave.
- Take a left (west) onto Lyon Ave
- Continue west on Lyon Ave past the Field House Pub.
- Use the rear entrance road just past the Field House Pub to enter Pierce Stadium.
- Cars will enter and drive around the football field at Pierce Stadium to end the motorcade.
Welcomed and encouraged to view the event and cheer to celebrate our 2020 Seniors. All spectators are expected to follow Social Distancing Guidelines set forth by the Governor
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here