Chex Christmas Crack Mix
This recipe courtesy of Jared & Amy Desrosiers at www.savvysavingcouple.net.
This sweet and salty snack goes by many names like Chex Mix Christmas Crack, Chex Mix Christmas Mix, etc… But rest assured, it's loaded with all the traditional, delicious ingredients like Chex cereal, M&Ms, and melted candy. Your friends and family are guaranteed to love it!
Prep Time: 10 minutes ~ Cook Time: 2 minutes ~ Total Time: 12 minutes ~ Servings: 25 servings ~ Calories: 155cal ~ Cost:$10
- large baking sheet
- parchment paper
- Microwave-safe large bowl
- wooden spoon
- 8 cups Rice Chex Mix cereal
- 24 ounces Wilton Vanilla Candy Melts
- 1 1/2 cups Christmas Pretzels or mini pretzels
- 1 cup Christmas M&Ms I used peppermint, but you can use any type you prefer
- 1 tbsp. Christmas sprinkles
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Pour the 8 cups of cereal and pretzels on top.
- Add both bags of candy to a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl. To melt, put the microwave power on medium and cook in 30-second intervals stirring in-between each with a spoon. Repeat process 3-4 times until candy is creamy.
- Once candy is creamy, pour it over the cereal, and pretzels on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Use a mixing spoon to coat all cereal and pretzel pieces.
- Once everything is coated, add in sprinkles, and M&Ms.
- Once the candy is hardened, you can break up the Christmas Crack and put it into a bowl for serving.
Nutritional value may vary and are meant to be a guide.
The mix filled up 1 1/2 gallon sized storage bags. It stays fresh for up to 2 weeks when stored in an airtight container or bag(s).